1. An approved qualification in Multimedia, film production, visual arts, graphic design or related disciplines, or experience in moving image design and content production for film, television, web or multimedia, as evidenced with a strong portfolio.
My creative film & design journey started in my second year of tertiary studies when I adjusted my Bachelor of Communications degree (specialising in Journalism), to Bachelor of Communication specialising in Media Arts & Production. As I have always been passionate about film, I decided to pursue this course as it offered the best opportunity to hone and demonstrate my creativity.
My professional career began soon after graduating in 2010. With little prospect of finding work as a director fresh out of university, I formed a production company with my peers, 5th Base Production.For three years our company worked successfully with a wide variety of clients including, small business, musicians, fashion designers and independent artists.
During this time Dr Infinite was born, providing the opportunity to develop and refine my skills as a solo Creative Film Director, Editor, and Designer.
Some of the notable clients I have collaborated with under the name of Dr Infinite include MERCEDES-BENZ, SONY MUSIC, KFC, H&M and, yes, even BATMAN.
As film/video is a visual medium it can be best appreciated by viewing examples of work that showcase my skills as Director, Editor and Designer.
2. Knowledge and experience in a range of moving image production areas, or specialised experience in one or more areas of moving image design such as:
a. Creative development of film and moving image projects, from storyboarding and previsualisation through to post production
Evidence of my knowledge and experience in Directing and Editing from pre to post-production and can found in the following project and project treatment.
b. Post production design and workflows such as video editing, motion graphics design, animation, colour grading, field recording and sound editing.
My experience as editor has led me to work in all areas of Post-Production. This includes lead & assistant editing, Colour Grading and Motion Design. My weapon of choice in post is the Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator for animation and Light Room for retouching. In addition, I have professional experience publishing videos using Avid, Final Cut X, Final Cut Pro 7 and Da Vinci Resolve.
c. Video production including camera operation, cinematography, directing, lighting, sound recording, time-lapse and other filming techniques and processes.
On set, my video production roles have encompassed directing with occasional cinematography. Coming from a background in storytelling, I strive for my work to tell creative and unique narratives for an active audience. In regards to my work behind the lens, I have used a variety of different cameras to tell my stories, such as Red One/Scarlet, Black Magic 4K/2.5/Pocket Cinema Camera, Sony A7s, and the Canon 5D/7D Range.
d. Video mastering techniques and preparation of content for publication and distribution to television, cinema, web, and other broadcast platforms.
My creative visions have been published and exhibited in a variety of ways including in Film Festivals, Cinema, and on Public Access and Subscription television, websites and in-app. All these experiences have been tailored to tell their respective stories.
Additionally, I have previously been commissioned for Audio/Visual performance and installations by events such as Vivid Sydney, Mercedes-Bens Fashion Week and Subsonic Music Festival.
3. Organising and planning: identifies processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal, identifies more and less critical activities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required, develops and implements systems and procedures to guide work and track progress and recognises barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them.
Operating as a freelancer to artists and businesses, and managing cast and production teams of up to 60 people, has given me a strong background in organisation and planning. Some of the professional services I offer clients includes; project-pitching, talent scouting, budgeting, planning shoot logistics, project tracking and project reviewing.
4. Creativity and innovation: generates new ideas, draws on a range of information sources to identify new ways of doing things, actively influences events and promotes ideas, translates creative ideas into workplace improvements and reflects on experience and is open to new ways to improve practice
As a creative, I am driven by the desire to compose art sustained by an intuitive understanding of the audience and openness to new ideas and technology. I strive to create an inspired audience through my work and I believe the key to this developing fresh and resonant stories that appreciate the audiences time and commitment as well as react off the cultural environment.
As a professional and collaborator I am very open to new ideas and enjoy working in a team environment. Film is a unique medium that relies in a wide variety of skilled individuals to come together to create something special. Openness to new ideas, support and respect for team members, is crucial to maintaining a healthy environment during production.
5. Communication: prepares emails and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct language, ensures written communications contain the necessary information to achieve their purpose, confidently conveys ideas and information in a clear and interesting way and understands and meets the need of target audiences.
A background in operating a business, and pitching to a variety of clients, has given me a strong understanding of the importance of communication. This too has allowed me to constantly develop new ways of conveying my ideas, exemplified in the following treatment
6. Service excellence: constantly looks for continuous improvement opportunities and ways to innovate, and encourages others to do the same, seeks all relevant information for problem-solving, takes responsibility for correcting problems promptly and without becoming defensive, makes specific changes in work methods to improve outcomes, quality and timeliness of service and monitors client and stakeholder satisfaction.
As a freelancer, nothing is set in stone. It is integral to my profession to offer inspired works underpinned by outstanding service. My value to a creative or business is based on how efficiently I can produce a project from a concept, and being able to adapt and innovate is key to making this happen. I pride myself in being open, thoughtful and creative in the production process, and respectfully address any client concerns.
7. Relationship building and teamwork: establishes and maintains relationships with people at all levels, forges useful partnerships with people across business areas, functions and organisations, builds trust through consistent actions, values and communication, minimises surprises, collaborates and shares information and cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals.
Film production is built on collaboration, relationships and teamwork. As a director my experience has led me to believe that this is essential to maintaining a professional working environment, one where people are valued and invested in the project. This applies to projects at every level. As a freelancer/business operator, being able to adapt, collaborate and inspire all types of people is crucial to the success of a project and I believe my portfolio demonstrates this.
8. Drive and commitment: enthusiastic and committed, demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work, accepts changed priorities without undue discomfort, perseveres to achieve goals, even in the face of obstacles, remains clam and in control under pressure and takes responsibility for own actions.
My drive and commitment to moving image design stems from my deep appreciation of art and form. I am passionately committed to creating inspired and enduring works that push through the boundaries of the medium.
I am very proud of every project bearing my name, and open to developing my work to cater to a specific or wider audience.
Film Production can be a stressful and intense process but it is my core beilef that if you extend yourself, and offer the audience a postive experience, the journery has been worthwhile.
Printer Friendly Statement